I'm a software engineer with a background in distributed systems, scalability and data plumbing.
I work as a Lead Software Engineer at New Relic. Prior to that I built an internal PaaS for 1500 engineers at Adevinta, distributed virtual networks at Midokura, data infrastructure for telcos at Zhilabs, and backend systems for some high volume internet sites (Last.fm, Tuenti.) For more details check my LinkedIn profile. I'm based in Barcelona.
I do some OSS occasionally, based on job needs and/or interest. If you're curious, here is my GitHub profile, and here are some PRs to Knative, Envoy, Spinnaker, RxJava, Dropwizard metrics, Tuenti's fork of GeoIp. At Midokura we made most of our development OSS, here is the Midonet git log.
Writings - RSS
- Talk-write up: How to build a PaaS for 1500 engineers
- Migrating an Eureka-based microservice fleet to Kubernetes
- "Kubernetes made my latency 10x higher"
- Sizing Kubernetes pods for JVM apps without fearing the JVM killer
- How does the default hashCode() work (and how it impacts biased locking)
- GC forensics by example: multi second pauses and allocation pressure
- How does the JVM change tenuring thresholds, and when?
- Contention when releasing DirectByteBuffer